Welcome to Karma yoga, Chapter 3 of Bhagavad Gītā, the topic of study and sādhana this year.
Karma-Yoga begins with Arjuna's confession that he is confused by the various paths outlined by Lord Krishna to perfect oneself, and requests Lord Krishna to explain to him in clear terms one path by which he may attain the Highest. Lord Krishna, a compassionate friend and teacher, propounds the path of Action in depth to Arjuna.
Lord Krishna explains that, bound by their inherent nature, all living beings engage in performing worldly tasks. Superior are those that perform one's worldly duties diligently with no material attachment but in a spirit of sacrifice, and for the welfare of the society.
Chapter 3 Lyrics: Sanskrit English Sanskrit & English side-by-side
Chapter 3 - Chanted by Swami Shantananda-Ji
- Evaluation Criteria for Gītā Chanting Yajna 2023 Regionals
- Vocabulary List for Kaunteya Group Participants
- Gītā Chanting Pronunciation Guide - Generic
- CNJ Regionals - Participation Guidelines
- CNJ Regionals - Adult Reading Group (Mahabaho) Guidelines
- Sanskrit Chanting Pronunciation Guide - Primer 1
- Sanskrit Chanting Pronunciation Guide - Primer 2
Gītā Chanting Yajna Events:
Gītā Chanting Yajna 2023 Regionals competitions shall be held in the various Chinmaya centers in the TriState Area. This event is open to all. Please refer to the flyer below for verse assignment for grades and the list of participating centers.
- Central NJ Regionals: Apr. 22, 2023 @ Chinmaya Vrindavan
- CNJ Regionals 2023 has been completed. We thank all those who participated this year. We hope to see you again next year.
- Please click the Results Button to view the Participants' Performance.
For the Nation-wide Chinmaya GītāChanting program and the list of all participating Chinmaya Centers and Co-ordinators, please visit Chinmaya Mission West.