What is Chinmaya Mission?Under the guidance of His Holiness Swami Chinmayananda, devotees formed the nucleus of a spiritual renaissance movement that now encompasses a wide range of spiritual, educational, and charitable activities, ennobling the lives of thousands in India and worldwide.
To provide to individuals from any background, the wisdom of Vedanta and the practical means for spiritual growth and happiness, enabling them to become positive contributors to society.
To give maximum happiness to the maximum number for the maximum time is our religion.
What does Chinmaya Mission teach?
Advaita Vedanta Following the Vedic teacher-student tradition (guru-shishya parampara), Chinmaya Mission makes available the ageless wisdom of Advaita Vedanta, the knowledge of Universal Oneness, and provides the tools to realize the wisdom in one’s life. “To give maximum happiness to the maximum number for the maximum time” is the tenet that drives Mission workers to uplift humanity beyond selfish and sectarian attitudes and activities. Each person’s gain is manifold: personal growth, heightened efficiency, contentment, and the ability to live with others in peace and harmony.
What does Chinmaya Mission do?
Many Services, One Goal Chinmaya Mission is a movement that continues to touch and transform all aspects of human life. As a spiritual movement that aims for inner growth at individual and collective levels, the Mission offers a wide array of Vedanta study forums for all ages, promotes Indian classical art forms, and operates numerous social service projects. To date, millions worldwide have benefitted directly or indirectly from Chinmaya Mission’s numerous centres, ashrams, classes, events, services, and projects.
Activities at Regional Centres
- Chinmaya Bala Vihars (Value education classes for children)
- Chinmaya Yuva Kendras – CHYK (Vedanta forums for youth)
- Chinmaya Study Groups (Vedanta forums for adults) & Devi Groups (Vedanta forums for housewives)
- Jnana Yajnas (Vedanta lecture series, seminars, workshops) and Spiritual Retreats and Camps (for all ages)
- Chinmaya Swaranjali (Musical wing of Chinmaya Mission)
- Chinmaya Vanaprastha Sansthan (Vedanta forums for senior citizens)
- Intensive Vedanta Courses (two year residential course on Vedanta)
- Youth Empowerment Programme – YEP (two year course of Vedanta study & service)
- Dharma Sevak Courses (two week course on the fundamentals of Vedanta)
- Vedanta Correspondence Courses (postal or e-mail)
- Veda Vidya Peetha (two year course on how to conduct rituals)
- Chinmaya Organisation for Rural Development (CORD)
- Chinmaya Vibhooti (Chinmaya Mission’s Vision Centre)
- Chinmaya Naada Bindu (school of Indian classical music and dance)
Resources & Institutes