Chinmaya Mission Tristate Center – Balavihar Guidelines & Expectations
What can participating families expect? Active leadership from our resident acharyas, Swami Shantananda and Swami Siddhanandaji.
- Knowledgeable and helpful volunteers to assist with questions and concerns.
- Vibrant, on-time and efficient operations of all Balavihar and Adult Study Circle classes incorporating Vedanta-based instruction.
- Dissemination of pertinent information about programs via email, web posting (chinmayavrindavan.org), and announcements in a timely and efficient manner.
- On-site availability of essential books and related items.
- Celebration of selected traditional Hindu Festivals and other events, in accordance with the rules of the facility.
- The CMTC may record Balavihar activities using various formats (e.g., still/video camera, etc.) for the purpose of promoting its programs.
- The CMTC will make every reasonable effort to work with parents to try and accommodate children with special needs. However, if a mutually acceptable solution cannot be reached, CMTC reserves the right to decline/rescind registrations.
- The CMTC reserves the right to decline/rescind Balavihar registration if guidelines set forth are not followed.
What is expected of the children?
- Regular attendance to ensure continuity and ease in learning
- “My Prayers” book, Balavihar binder (received at registration or any White 1″ binder) with few sheets of loose leaf paper, and pen/pencil are required for every student. In addition, on the first day of class each teacher may specify a few additional stationary items depending on the grade level and planned projects for the year.
- Active and attentive participation in class as well as during scheduled auditorium events and class programs.
- Minimum basic preparation for upcoming class or event. (This will be limited so that there is no conflict with regular academic commitments).
- Raising hand and waiting for their turn when speaking or asking questions during class. If appropriate, teachers may request further individual discussion to be continued one-on-one after class.
- Remaining silent when appropriate, and participating in Arati and Pledge every week.
What is required of all parents/adults?
- All children attending Balavihar must be registered.
- Completed registration form and fees paid within 2 weeks of joining the program.
- Arrive on-time (i.e., at least 10 minutes before class start time) and stay in the school premises, through the program.
- Dropping off and picking up of children requires written consent from the CMTC. Any/all such requests must be explained to the CMTC.
- At all times except in the classroom, children attending Balavihar are the responsibility of their parents or the emergency contact listed on the registration form.
- Any request to decline participation in the CMTC’s efforts to record its programs must be made in writing with explanation provided for consideration.
- Parents whose children have special needs must notify the CMTC in writing for consideration prior to submitting their registration.
What is requested of the parents/adults?
- Please take an active interest in your children’s classes and support their participation in events.
- Please make every effort to stay for Arati, Pledge, and Prasad.
- Please discuss any concerns or suggested improvements to the program with a member of the volunteer team (e.g., your child’s Balavihar teacher volunteer, Study Circle lead, or the Balavihar coordinator).
- Please check the web site (chinmayavrindavan.org) for any last minute cancellations due to bad weather (e.g., when there is significant snow, ice, hail, rain), other emergencies, etc.
- Please treat school property with care, keep it clean and help your children understand the same.
What can parents/adults do to help?
Interested families may sign-up to bring prasad for Balavihar and Ashram events. In addition, we are always looking for volunteers for varied activities. Please sign-up at the registration desk indicating your areas of interest and we will contact you.
What are the Balavihar session Timings?
|Balavihar Session Information|
|Session 1||Fridays||19:00 – 20:45|
|Session 2||Sundays||09:15 – 11:00|
|Language & Swaranjali||Sundays||11:15 – 12:15|
|Session 3||Sundays||12:45 – 14:30|